Mobile Deposit FAQs
- What is Mobile Deposit?
- What devices support Mobile Deposit?
- Who can use Mobile Deposit?
- How do I make a deposit via my mobile device?
- Are there limits on how much I can deposit via Mobile Deposit?
- What can I deposit via Mobile Deposit?
- How should I endorse my check?
- When is my deposit available?
- What should I do with my check after depositing them using Mobile Deposit?
- How will I be able to identify a mobile deposit in my transaction history or on my statement?
- What if I accidentally deposit the same check twice?
- Can I deposit more than one check at a time?
- How can I ensure that the check images I take will be of high quality?
Mobile Deposit is a convenient way to make a deposit(s) to your account using the camera on your mobile device to take a picture of the item(s) you would like to deposit.
Mobile Deposit is available with the Android and iOS Apps. It can be used on Android and iPhones or Apple tablets.
In general, mobile deposit is available for personal account holders. Some businesses who use the Personal Online Banking product are not eligible to use Mobile Deposit.
Log onto the RSNB Mobile Banking App, and simply click on Deposits. The app will walk you through your deposit, step by step.
Your limits will show when you enter the amount of your deposit. There are per deposit limits and daily dollar limits. There is also a limit on the number of checks that can be deposited daily. Please note that daily deposit limits reflect a per calendar day limit.
RSNB Bank will only accept checks made payable to the account holder(s) and drawn on a U.S. bank.
These are examples of items that ARE NOT accepted via mobile deposit.
- US Savings Bonds
- Traveler's Checks
- Foreign Checks
- Checks that were previously deposited
- Checks previously converted to a substitute check or remotely created, as defined in Reg. CC
- checks that have been previously returned unpaid
- Postdated checks or checks more that 6 months old
For a detailed list, see the Personal Electronic Banking Services Agreement and Disclosure.
All checks deposited using Mobile Deposit must be properly endorsed with "For Mobile Deposit at RSNB Bank Only" and the account holder's signature. Deposit will be rejected if not properly endorsed. Click here for more information on Mobile Deposit Check Endorsement Requirements.
Deposits submitted and accepted by 3:00 p.m. MST on a business day we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. If you make a deposit after 3:00 p.m. MST or on a day that we are not open, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day that we are open.
After verifying the deposit has been credited to your account, mark the check Void. We recommend you keep paper checks you have submitted for mobile deposit for a minimum of 7 calendar days from the date you made the deposit and then safely destroy the check.
All deposits made through mobile deposit will appear as “Mobile Deposit’ and include the date and amount of the deposit.
A check can only be accepted fore deposit once. Mobile Deposit has a duplicate detection tool that will alert you if you attempt to deposit an item twice.
Each check will require a separate deposit.
Taking high-quality photos of the check is the best way in making a mobile deposit quick and easy. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Take the photos of your check in a well-lit area and avoid shadows
- Place the check on a dark or contrasting background
- Position the device’s camera over the check to minimize angles, glare, and shadows
- Align the check within the guidelines on the screen
- Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus